About Us

My photo
Canton, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Moonlight Canoe Trip

So last week, I was looking online trying to find an new place to canoe. I had driven past this park / river in Ann Arbor a few months ago and made a note to myself to remember it. To my delight they had posted that they would have a moonlit canoe event going on that Saturday. It rained all day long, poured! We had decided that if it were to stop raining we were going to go out there. It did and so did we (Bryce ended up ditching us so that he could have a sleep over at his cousins). I had never been to Gallup Park before, and was really impressed. It was clean, and beautiful! Lots of areas to fish, obviously Canoe, just sit and watch the water, a beautiful garden area. Mark and I walked the trails for about an hour, and to our disappointment the moonlit canoe trip had been cancelled due to the weather. Although we were bummed about the cancellation, we had decided that we were just happy that we had taken the time to check it out. there are so many beautiful places that God has created for all to enjoy. While walking the trail along the water I felt peaceful, relaxed, happy. The night ended up being a romantic walk with my hubby amongst the trees, plants and water! Just what I needed.
There will be another evening canoe trip on September 19th, the "Fall Equinox Bonfire & Canoe"
We will definitely be attending that event, and I am looking forward to the many memories we will create at this beautiful park!

Keep your sense of proportion by regularly, preferably daily,
visiting the natural world.
- Catlin Matthews


Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment