About Us

My photo
Canton, Michigan, United States

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Turtles

After work on Wednesday, I met mark and Bryce up at the golf course. It was so beautiful outside and it made our family outing that much more enjoyable! Silly Mark underestimated the skill of his wife and son and ended up getting his butt kicked by Bryce and I in a friendly family bet. Before I arrived, Mark and Bryce rescued a Turtle from a hungry Raccoon, they picked up the Turtle put in in the basket in the back of the golf cart and drove it to a nice wooded area. Once I got there we found another Turtle on the path and Mark picked it up and moved it to a safer location. Shortly after our rescue mission we spotted a HUGE snapping Turtle, we stopped and watched it for a bit and then were on our way!
Bryce had an end of year skating field trip for school, and the thought of wearing actual Roller Skates was too much for him to handle! At the moment Bryce doesn't have a pair of roller blades that fit him, so thankfully Uncle Mitchell lent his to Bryce. Bryce and I went outside for a bit for him to brush up on his "blading" skills, I was looking at the open field across the street and there stood a beautiful deer. It was only there for a moment before it darted off out of sight. I feel so lucky that we live some where that we see wildlife so often. I took our dogs for a 3 mile walk yesterday and saw so many bunnies, and a surprising amount of beautiful yellow finch's. Walking along I couldn't help but soak in how peaceful it was, looking at the beauty of every one's gardens in bloom, trees blooming even appreciating how green and lush every one's grass was. I came home feeling refreshed!

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.
Ann Frank
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment