About Us

My photo
Canton, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Date Night

Bryce is still up north. So Mark and I decided to go out for a nice dinner, just the two of us, (this doesn't happen very often). So I came home from work changed and we were off to Mongolian Barbecue. Dinner was delicious, and it was relaxing just to sit there and chat for a bit. We then went to Murry's Auto Parts store to pick up a new taillight for my car. Then to Home Depot to pick up a couple more cherry tomato plants for our vegetable garden (the ones we bought in May didn't make it through the late frost). Picked up a bottle of wine, then headed home. We planted the cherry tomato plants, Mark fixed my taillight and put in a new filter. Then we decided to watch a movie and have a glass of wine. It was a wonderful, romantic night!! I know this may not seem like the picture perfect night to most people, but Mark and I don't get the opportunity to spend the evening with just he and I very often. Our focus is generally on Bryce, not each other. I really appreciated spending the evening with Mark, he and I being able to focus only on each other for the evening! I think when you have children it's important to experience nights like this to keep the spark alive. To remind you why you fell in Love with that person. So easily we can forget with the hustle and bustle of life how important our loved ones are to us. I love my family very much, and I try to always appreciate every second that God gives me to spend with them!

If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.
Bern Williams

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment